A message from EALC.
With ‘Village Halls Week 2020’ (20-26 January) almost upon us, we are running a photo competition to provide funds for cash-strapped rural community halls. The competition is designed to champion and emphasise the vital role that halls play in building rural communities. The top prize is £1,000 to the village hall and £500 to the photographer.
To alert halls and villages, we’ve teamed up with various charity organisations (ACRE, Plunkett Foundation and 30+ Regional Community Councils) to spread word to villages and halls which don’t have a social media presence and are not in regular communication with other organisations.
Here are the key points about the competition:
– Top prize is £1,000 to the village hall and £500 to the photographer. There are other prizes.
– Theme: ‘Village Life – a photo which characterises the value of community in your village’. This is not about ‘pretty villages’ or professional photography, but rather capturing the essence of ‘community’.
– It’s open to all rural halls. No fee to enter. Halls can enter as many photos as they wish.
– Closing date is 15/3/20 but many halls are using Village Halls Week to capture great photos.
– Details and rules are available from https://villagehallsurvey.com/survey/photo-competition